mercredi 17 mars 2010

Welcome to Musictown, may I service you?


EMPIRE RECORDS




Hmm. I don't know where to begin... The killer cast? The great script? The bitchin' soundtrack?
I guess I do know where to begin.

Renée Zellweger & Liv Tyler are two actresses that annoy me always have & despite the fact that in a general manner of speaking they make okay movies I think they always will. But, I will admit that in this movie they play their roles to a tee.
This is the movie that made me fall in love with Ethan Embry, it's a shame that he has vanished off of the movie scene because I think he is an extremely underrated actor, but he is only one amongst a whole list in this movie.
Johnny Whitworth, Rory Cochrane & Brendan Sexton III, all actors that we don't hear much about but good actors none the less. Robin Tunney fits very nicely into the mix & Anthony LaPaglia isn't playing a mobster, it suits him.
The script is very real, you really do feel like all of these people know each other very well & have been working together forever.
In a movie about a record store the soundtrack is crucial & this movie has one of the best OST's evvvvvvvvver, very 9o's but in a good way, it's everything you love about the begining of the 9o's.

Empire Records has become a timeless movie, cult classic, it's one of the few movies that actually makes you want to become an underachiever. The first time I saw this, I was 11 years old & all I wanted to do was work in a record store. Funny, entertaining, good music, good actors, good story, wonderful location. I don't know what else people really look for in a movie.

Aucun commentaire: